Our office uses the most state-of-the-art technology available to help create the smile you want, which is why we use the iTero® Element digital impression system, by Align Technology. Our digital impression system replaces the uncomfortable, unpleasant-tasting, messy and sometimes inaccurate traditional putty impressions. No bulky trays or sticky putty needed!
Using a digital camera scanner, we will take three-dimensional (3-D) digital images, or impressions, of your teeth and bite. These impressions, in conjunction with digital facial photos and digital low-dose radiation x-rays, will help us formulate a personalized treatment plan that will meet your specific orthodontic needs and desires. We can also use them to visually show you your treatment options, whether your treatment will be with metal braces, clear ceramic braces or Invisalign®.
Some benefits of iTero digital impressions over traditional putty impressions include:
- Accuracy: They capture the exact contours of your teeth.
- Efficiency: They require less time in the treatment chair.
- Comfort: Taking the digital images is less invasive. No putty is used and patients are more at ease without fearing they will gag on the impression putty.
- Visualization: They provide each patient with a definite picture of what their teeth will look like before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
- Innovation: The iTero Element is the latest high speed third-generation of scanners using the most advanced 3-D video technologies.