Dear Feldman Orthodontics Patients,
We have missed you all so much and are beyond ready to get back to work! We hope this letter finds you all healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. We want to update you on our office procedures and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients, their families and our team healthy.
While our office has been closed the doctors have been busy educating themselves on the evidence-based guidelines for restarting orthodontic practices. We have implemented the guidelines offered by the CDC, the American Association of Orthodontics, the American Dental Association and the Connecticut State Dental Association. This wealth of information is continually changing, and we will continue to update our practices as new information becomes available.
We will be reopening on Wednesday, May 20th. We ask for your patience as we had to cancel over 8 weeks of appointments. We will start to reschedule patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis, which is fair and efficient. Below are guidelines that will allow us to safely resume patient care.
- We will be limiting the number of patient appointments in each office per day to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have an accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment canceled.
- Emergencies will continue to be seen.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call our office and a Patient Wellness Coordinator will initiate your visit with several questions assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to re-appoint, and reschedule after the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- At this time, only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for very young patients. Of those, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. A temperature of 100 or above will be asked to reschedule.
- The tooth-brushing station will now be closed. Please brush and floss at home before your appointment.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
- We ask for understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this first visit due to strict scheduling times.
- WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including the doctors, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, therefore we are taking your safety VERY seriously.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.
Drs. Jonny, David, Kelly and Preeti and the amazing team at Feldman Orthodontics